The FORUM Board continues to diligently work towards enhancing our programming and exploring ways to increase the available monies for acquisition of performance talent.
We have been very fortunate over the last few years to sell out our Playbill. Our membership has been extremely complimentary, and our sponsors were very happy with the quality of our Playbill and the attention it provided for their products and services. We are proud to report that for our 80th and 81st season’s Playbills we added several new sponsorships.
Our Friends of the FORUM program was a rousing success once again last year and we intend to retain and build upon that program for our 81st season. This program allows members to donate funds specifically designated for our talent budget in four giving levels: Angel at $1,000, Investor at $500, Producer at $250, and Director at $100.
All members who donate have their names printed in our Playbill as recognition of their generosity in attracting talent for our performances. In addition, Friends of the FORUM are exclusively invited to special events such as wine tastings and, whenever available, preferred seating.
Our formal review process with the Pinehurst Hotel continues to be extremely effective and we will continue to refine the coordination of activities for each performance to include the cocktail hour, dinner set up and menu feedback.
We have very high expectations for our 81st season and hope that you will choose to support the FORUM as a member and as a Friend of the FORUM.
Below are some changes and/or reminders you should be aware of as our new season begins:
- We have gone digital and have updated our entire website! You will recall that last season, rather than our traditional mailings, we converted to email to communicate with our members. In addition, we continue to direct you to this site. It is an excellent source of information, and we recommend you save the link on your computer and visit it regularly. It contains event dates, entertainer bios, monthly menus, member information, contact information, guest policies, special instructions, and much more.
- Please take special note that all deadlines continue to be the close of business on the Friday (5:00 pm) prior to each of our next season’s events.
- Our cocktail receptions will begin at 5:30 PM. Ballroom doors open at 6:20 PM, and we urge you to be in your seats no later than 6:45 PM! This will allow us to serve your food while it is hot and begin our shows on time.
- You can begin making your reservations for any event, any time after the previous month’s performance has taken place by calling Pinehurst Resort Event Services at (910) 235 8404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. NO RESERVATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED AFTER 5:00 PM ON THE FRIDAY PRIOR TO THE NEXT WEEK’S EVENT.
- If you wish to have seating with friends or neighbors, please let Event Services know when you make your reservations and they will work to accommodate your request.
- Alternative menus must be requested by 5:00 pm on the Friday prior to our next week’s event. Please understand that the Forum dinners are a pre-determined catered event. If you have a dietary restriction due to medical reasons, please contact PCC Event Services and please limit your special request to medical/dietary requirements. The Resort is unable to accept personal meal preferences for large banquet events. Cost of dinner is $51.50 inclusive, plus any beverage charges at the bar. Members are responsible for the full amount unless cancellation is made by 5:00 pm on the Friday prior to the next week’s event.
- Forum members who are also members of The Pinehurst Resort will have their accounts billed for food and beverages. For non-members of The Pinehurst Resort, there will be an annual $15.00 set-up fee in order to set them up for monthly billing to a charge card that must be furnished for their food and beverage.
- Because we expect to be fully booked this season, our guest policy of not confirming guest seats until seven days before each event will be strictly enforced. Please review our guest policy on our website.
- Each member can now designate another person to attend any given performance as his or her individual replacement. In addition, there is no limitation on the number of times a member may designate a replacement. Name(s) must be sent in by 5:00 pm on the Friday prior to the next week’s event. The member remains responsible for all charges incurred by the replacement.
- All guests will be expected to abide by the same dress code and club rules as required of members. Gentlemen must wear a tuxedo and ladies must wear appropriate formal evening attire.
- Season Schedule
- January 14, 2021: Hotel California – Eagles Tribute
- February 11, 2021: Po’ Ramblin’ Boys
- WEDNESDAY, March 3, 2021: Andy Cooney
- April 15, 2021: Elvis – Travis LeDoyt
- May 6, 2021: Back Home Again – A Tribute to John Denver
- June 21, 2021: Brass Transit – The Musical Legacy of Chicago