The FORUM board continues to diligently work towards enhancing our programming and exploring ways to increase the available monies for acquisition of performance talent.
We have been very fortunate over the last few years to sell out our Playbill. Our membership has been very complimentary, and our sponsors are very happy with the quality of our Playbill and the attention we provide for their services. We are proud to report that for our 82nd season’s Playbills we have added several new sponsorships.
Our Friends of the FORUM program has been a rousing success. We intend to retain and build upon that program for our upcoming season. This program allows members to donate funds specifically designated for our entertainment budget in four giving levels: Angel at $1,000, Investor at $500, Producer at $250, and Director at $100. Each member who donates has their name printed in the Playbill as recognition of their generosity in attracting talent for our performances. In addition, Friends of the FORUM are exclusively invited to special events such as wine tastings and, whenever available, preferred seating.
Our review process with the Carolina Hotel continues to be extremely effective and we will continue to refine the coordination of activities for each performance to include the cocktail hour, dinner set up and service and menu feedback.
We have very high expectations for our 82nd season and hope that you will choose to support the FORUM as a member and as a Friend of the FORUM.
Below are some changes and/or reminders you should be aware of as our new season begins:
- We have gone digital and have updated our entire website! You will recall that last season, rather than our traditional mailings, we converted to email. We will continue to communicate with our members via email and the Forum’s website. The Website is an excellent source of information, and we recommend you save the link on your computer and visit it regularly. It contains event dates, entertainer bios, monthly menus, member information, contact information, guest policies, special instructions, and much more.
- Please take special note that all deadlines are at the close of business on the Friday (5 pm) prior to our normally Thursday events.
- Our cocktail receptions will begin at 5:30 PM. Ballroom doors open at 6:20 PM, we urge you to be in your seats no later than 6:45 PM! This will allow us to serve your food while it is hot and begin our shows on time.
- Reservation Process – To secure your dinner reservations for the 2021-2022 season, you will receive a “link” within our monthly event emails which will direct you to a secure, private (non-public page) on ticketMEsandhills.com prior to each event. This “link” will allow you to do the following:
- Select your member and guest event ticket(s)
- Identify your Table Captain and table-mates
- Meal and Dessert options
- Provide any dietary restrictions.
- Record your billing info and pay for your tickets on ticketMEsandhills.com’s secure website
- Click here to review screenshots of our new event registration procedure
- NO RESERVATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED AFTER 5:00 ON THE FRIDAY PRIOR TO OUR THURSDAY EVENTS.
- Member Cost of dinner is $56.50 inclusive of Ticket and Meal. Beverage charges will continue to be billed to the PCC Member’s account or to a credit card.
- All non-member guests attending a performance will incur a guest and meal fee of $110.00 and is billable by credit card. Beverage charges are billable to the PCC Member’s account or to a credit card.
- Members are responsible for the full amount of their reservation unless cancellation has been made by 5 pm on the Friday prior to our Thursday events.
- We will allow guests, one per member if the capacity of the event venue is not reached. If our capacity is reached, you will be contacted by the Monday before the event and refunded any fees which have been paid.
- In the event that a member wants to attend an event but a companion member cannot, each member can designate another person to attend any given performance as his or her individual replacement, not as a guest. In addition, there is no limitation on the number of times a member may designate a replacement. The Member Replacement name must accompany the event registration as an explanation for our event planner. The member remains responsible for all charges incurred by the replacement.
- All guests will be expected to abide by the same dress code and club rules as required of members. Gentlemen must wear a tuxedo and ladies must wear appropriate formal evening attire.